The lymphatic system maintains the body’s fluid balance, delivers vitamins from the digestive tract, removes the waste products produced by all the cells, plays an integral role in the immune functions of the body as our sanitation and detoxification system. The lymphatic fluid is filtered and purified as it passes through the lymph nodes where bacteria and other harmful substances are destroyed and antibodies are created. Excess fluid in the tissues interferes with cell nutrition as oxygen and nutrients take longer to pass and waste products are not being removed quickly.
Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage
- Detoxification of the body
- Regeneration of tissues (e.g. from burns, surgical scarring) and skin care
- Enhancement of immune function for preventative and therapeutic effects
- Relief of chronic inflammation and conditions such as acne and allergies
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of various origins
- Relief from chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, depression, stress
- Relief from chronic painPractical applications of Lymphatic Therapy Before and after Surgery – cosmetic procedures
Lymphatic Drainage is regularly used by surgeons before and after cosmetic procedures, such as:
- Eyelid (blepharoplasty)
- Nose (rhinoplasty)
- Thigh and body lifting
- Breast lift
- Breast augmentation (mammoplasty)
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Upper arm rejuvenationThe Lymphatic practice massage BEFORE surgeries, brings many benefits, but this technique becomes essential for a quicker and less painful recovery. Lymphatic Drainage will help you eliminate toxins and waste. After a few sessions of lymphatic drainage, your blood will be cleaner, allowing greater circulation of oxygen and nutrients throughout the body, which will facilitate the recovery process after surgery.
Usually surgeons themselves indicate drainage, especially in cases of plastic surgeries, Liposuction, Liposuction, Breast and Face Surgery, because the surgical process itself generates common postoperative clinical events, such as hematomas and fibrosis. The massage assists in the tissue repair of the region, accelerating the recovery process, preventing and controlling these complications. The technique also improves the functioning of the immune system, is relaxing and soothing. It acts on the increase of blood circulation and relieves the pains caused by edema and swelling.
Price | $90 per session or packs after evaluation